Information for authors
Editorial staff of the journal accepts original manuscripts in Russian and English containing strict results in the scopes of mathematics, mechanics, and physics. The manuscript hasn’t to be sent or published in other editions; it has to possess the scientific novelty, write depriving of individuality, in compactly good Russian (in English), and be structured. It has to have an introduction and a conclusion. The article in English has to have Russian translation.
- For submit of the manuscript it’s necessary to produce:
- two copies of the manuscript signed by the authors. The manuscript should be printed on one side of the A4 page, in one column, with 1,5 interval of 14 pt type. All margins are 2.5 cm. The article should contain no more than 20 pages typescript, including tables, pictures (not more 7) and reference list (not more 15). Home page includes UDC (Universal Decimal Classification) index, a title of article, and a list of authors. In the end of article the references to grants (if they are) and numbered list of literature in order of mention of article are given. The references to the literature are pointed in the text in square brackets. The endnotes is in two versions: the main “Literature” according to Russian standard GOST 7.0.5-2008 (short version) and “References” – for international databases (see the suppl. 5). In the endnotes all author’s names have to be present. All illustrations are applied separately.
- information for including in Russian and international scientific bases (see the suppl. 5).
- information of authors. For every author needs surname, name, patronymic name, academic degree, job title, place of work, phone number for communication and e-mail are pointed. The name of chair and institute of higher education are given completely. If there are several authors, it is necessary to indicate the correspondence person.
- identical electronic version of the manuscript as a ZIP-archive with all files on the e-mail of editorial stuff firstname.lastname@example.org. The following files have to be in the archive: a file with a text of the manuscript (file name have to be coincided with the surname of the first author), pictures, information of the authors and PDF-version of the article. All files with the figures should be the same names as the file article with the addition of number.
- a cover letter from the organization, where the work was fulfilled;
- the original of the subscribed by all authors “Agreement of partial assignment of rights”. The template of “Agreement” is here.
- The procedure of acception and publication of a manuscript consists of the following stages:
- when the editorial staff gets the original of the article and its electronic version (if the get-up of the manuscript corresponds to the true rules), the author is informed by e-mail of acception of the article to the consideration by the editorial board of the journal. In the process of consideration, the editorial board can reject an article, which doesn’t correspond to the subjects or the scientific level of the journal.
- for conducting of scientific expertise of manuscripts, the editorial staff involves the well-qualified scientists and specialists as reviewers and experts, which possess deep professional knowledge and operational experience in concrete scientific direction. The author or co-author of the reviewed manuscript can’t be reviewers. In the result, the author gets by e-mail the review and reasoned decision of possibility to publish the work (the article is recommended to print, the article is recommended to print after rework, the article is not recommended to print). The editorial staff doesn’t reveal information of reviewers.
- in case of successful reviewing, after scientific and editorial correcting the author gets by e-mail the page proof with the article in PDF-format for approving and/or emendation.
- when the journal is published, the author gets a notification of publication with a reprint from the article in PDF-format. The editorial stuff doesn’t give an author’s copy of the journal.
- The editorial stuff takes manuscripts in two electronic formats: LaTeX2ε or MS Word:
The style class
- LaTeX2ε. The article should be written using style class `vestnik2.cls` in the encoding Unicode (UTF-8) or Windows (CP1251). Try not to use your style files and not to reassign existent commands.
- MS Word. Don’t use forced hyphens and additional spaces. Type of formulas should be carried out only in Equation Editor or MathType (even for inline equations and variables). If in the manuscript sections are used, the numeration of equations begins in every section anew. If the manuscript contains pictures, they must be saved without captions as individual files and not to include in MS Word. The preferable formats for graphs or diagrams are eps, pdf, wmf; for photos – eps, pdf or png. The captions are included in the manuscript without insertion of the picture. All pages should be numbered.
- In the journal the double-column make-up is used, so all mathematical formulas must be located on half of width of page. If the equation is big, it is necessary to simplify it, for example, making new designations or breaking down into lines. Vector variable and matrixes are selected by the roman and bold style. The manuscript must contain the most necessary formulas only, it is better to refuse intermediate computations. Those formulas, on which references exist, are numerated. Using footnotes is undesirable. You should use the units of measurement according to International System of Units and only standard abridgements.
Pictures, graphs and schemes (they must be only black-and-white or greyscale gradation) represent as individual files and must be well-defined, in the format, which provides with definition of reproduction of all details. Graphs should have a signatures on the axes. Grayscale files must be not less than 150 dpi, and black-and-white – not less than 300 dpi according to corresponding sizes of picture (not less than 7×7 cm). The tables must have the headers, and the pictures – captions.
- For connection with Russian and international scientific databases, a list of authors, a name of an article, a name of an organization, where authors work, and keywords (not less than 7) are given. All information must be in Russian and English. E-mail for connection should be pointed.
For Russian databases a brief (nor more 850 symbols) in Russian is given, for foreign – a extended annotation (150–250 words) in English. The references on formulas, theorems and literature from an manuscript in an annotation (or in a brief) are impossible. It should be informative, pithy, follows logic of description of results in an article and should be written with qualitative English language. One of the approved variants of annotation is a brief repetition of structure of the article, which includes introduction, goals and objectives, methods, results and conclusion. For control of reduction the translation of the extended annotation in Russian is necessary.
The list of literature for Russian scientific databases repeats the order of the list for international scientific bases, but it should be represented in a different way. For non-English endnotes almost all parts are given in transliteration, a name of a journal (a book, a name of a conference) is italicized, and the translation of the name of the article and name of the journal (the book) in English is given in square brackets. The English-speaking sources are not transliterated. If the article has a doi index, it must be specified.
vestnik2and the template for writing an manuscript in MS Word you can find on vestnik.kubsu.ru. There are advices how to type manuscript in LaTeX2ε and MS Word.
LaTeX and Word-publications should have their PDF-formats. In LaTeX2ε with the help of pdflatex you can make PDF, and with the command dvipdfm you can transform dvi-file in PDF-format. Users of MS Windows can use the built-in-system (beginning from Windows 7) virtual PDF-printer or free PDF-converter doPDF (www.dopdf.com).
THE EXAMPLES OF LITERATURE REFERENCES FOR RUSSIAN SCIENTIFIC ABSTRACT AND CITATION BASES
- articles in journals, collected articles, works of conferences: 1. Dyson F.J. Feynman’s proof of the Maxwell equations // Am. J. Phys. 1990. Vol. 58, Iss. 3. P. 209-211.
- books, theses: 1. Griffiths D.J. Introduction to electrodynamics, 2nd ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1989. 532 p.
2. Ватульян А.О., Явруян О.В. Асимптотический подход в задачах идентификации трещин // Прикладная математика и механика. 2006. Т. 70, №4. С. 714-724.
3. Prescott S.W., Mulvaney P. Gold nanorod extinction spectra // J. Appl. Phys. 2006. Vol. 99, No. 12. doi: 10.1063/1.2203212
4. Martikainen J., Mäkinen R.A.E., Rossi T., Toivanen J. A fictitious domain method for linear elasticity problems // Computational fluid and solid mechanics: Proc. of the 1st M.I.T. Conf. Oxford, 2001. P. 346-350.
2. Readings in urban theory / Eds. S.S. Fainstein, S. Campbell. Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 584 p.
3. Andrews G.E. The theory of partitions. Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications. Vol. 2. Addison-Wesley, 1976. 255 pp. (Имеется перевод: Эндрюс Г. Теория разбиений / Пер. с англ. Б.С. Стечкина. М.: Наука, 1982. 256 с.)
4. Петров Е.П. Мониторинг окружающей среды: дис. … канд. хим. наук. М., 1984. 146 с.
THE EXAMPLES OF LITERATURE REFERENCES FOR INTERNATIONAL ABSTRACT AND CITATION BASES
- articles in journals, collected articles, works of conferences: 1. Dyson F.J. Feynman’s proof of the Maxwell equations. Am. J. Phys., 1990, vol. 58, iss. 3, pp. 209-211.
- books, theses: 1. Griffiths D.J. Introduction to electrodynamics, 2nd ed. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1989, 532 p.
2. Vatul’jan A.O., Javrujan O.V. Asimptoticheskij podhod v zadachah identifikacii treshhin [Asymptotic approach in identifying cracks]. Prikladnaja matematika i mehanika [Applied Mathematics and Mechanics], 2006, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 714-724.
3. Prescott S.W., Mulvaney P. Gold nanorod extinction spectra. J. Appl. Phys., 2006, vol. 99, no. 12. doi: 10.1063/ 1.2203212
4. Martikainen J., Mäkinen R.A.E., Rossi T., Toivanen J. A Fictitious Domain Method for Linear Elasticity Problems. Proc. of the 1st M.I.T. conf. “Computational fluid and solid mechanics”, Oxford, 2001, pp. 346-350.
2. Fainstein S.S., Campbell S. (Eds.) Readings in urban theory, 3rd ed. Wiley-Blackwell, 2011, 584 p.
3. Andrews G.E. The theory of partitions. Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications. Vol. 2. Addison-Wesley, 1976, 255 pp.
4. Petrov E.P. Monitoring okruzhajushhej sredy. Dis. kand. him. nauk [Environmental monitoring. Cand. dissertation]. Moscow, 1984, 146 p.
The additional examples of literature references, templates and recommendations how to type manuscripts in LaTeX2ε and MS Word you can find on vestnik.kubsu.ru.
Editorial board doesn’t send back manuscripts and electronic media.
Fee for postgraduate students to publish manuscripts not charged.
Point of view of editorial stuff can be another than an opinion of authors of published works.
The editorial board reserves the right to change the headers to reduce manuscripts and make the necessary stylistic editing without the consent of the authors.
Non-observance of the rules of the manuscript layout and typesetting will delay its publication.
Please, forward the manuscripts to:
149 Stavropolskaya St, Krasnodar, 350040,
Kuban State University
Editorial office of the ‘Ecological bulletin of scientific centres of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation’
Tel. +7 961 501-12-40